Sunday, April 6, 2008

The last two weeks. . .

The last two weeks have been good to me :)
My need to work out to stay on track, coupled with the beautiful weather and wonderful snow has had me spending a great deal of time outdoors. Biking, hiking, snowboarding have been my cardio.
I've taken on biking to work every day that I can. I take the long way, which is nice because I can ride on a bike trail the entire way downtown to work. Boulder did a fantastic job planning that accessibility. Also, its been the perfect weather in my opinion. Its been pretty warm down here on the front range, but snowing just 25 miles West. That means I get to hike here in Boulder and drive 1/2 hour to go snowboarding at Eldora. The snow has been incredible.
My Body Bar workouts have progressed and I'm really in a rhythm now. I've found bilateral or one hand work to be particularly effective as I have to balance the full four feet of the bar in my hand. It makes for a much greater balance challenge, and therefore engages the core.
I will note that with the coming measurement I've been slightly neurotic, sometimes thinking that I haven't made any progress at all. However, I know how I feel, which is exponentially better than the way I felt in my body before starting the challenge.

No comments: