Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week Three

During week three I suffered what seemed to be a major setback. On Wednesday I went to do my cardio with a run around Pearl Street and up the creek path. I got about a half mile down Pearl when my lower calf muscle just seized up on me. I thought it was a cramp so I tried to stretch it out to no avail. I had to limp back to the office. Turns out by not warming up and going right into the run in the freezing cold cause me to strain the Soleus muscle. To add insult to injury, I went home to soak in the tub and when I was done I opened the drain too hard and the drain mechanism broke and was stuck in the closed position. Thankfully I was able to fix it before I became too stinky from lack of showering.
I know that cardio is a big part of my regimen so I had to find something else. I looked on the web and someone recommended that one bike instead of run until the strain is healed. Enter the bike - a new form of cardio for me that has been a lot of fun.
I got a good Body Bar workout in on Friday and on Saturday my workout was dancing at the STS9 concert at the Filmore. My leg is already feeling better.
The workout highlight of the week was the re-discovery of my love for biking.

No comments: