Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week Four

Happy Super Sunday! I'm having a Super Bowl party tonight - I got a double workout in to help make up for my foreseen overindulgence. I did a great Body Bar workout first thing in the morning and went for a long bike ride afterwards. I'm sticking pretty close to my eating plan, basically limiting my carbs and focusing on whole foods. That being said, I'll be drinking beer which is loaded with carbs and empty calories. However, I discovered that Corona Light has less calories and about the same carbs as Michelob Ultra - a much tastier option in my opinion, so there's my beer of choice for Super Sunday.
I think the biggest realization this week has been that there's not really a problem in falling off - the true test is how fast you get back on the horse. I think that fitness is a lifestyle choice - and its more about how many times you come back to it rather than the once or twice when you miss a workout or make a poor nutrition choice. That's given me a lot of freedom to make mistakes. Also, when I'm not experiencing some self inflicted guilt about missing a workout, I am able to feel without bias how missing a workout makes me feel. I'm really starting to enjoy the way I feel when I workout - and even if I didn't lose a pound or an ounce of fat, I feel so much better in my body - my body feels healthier and more capable.
The workout highlight of the week was my customized Body Bar workout - I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything by not going to the gym and using the heavy weights.

No comments: