Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thoughts midway through week five

I'll be leaving to go to the ECA convention in New York on Thursday. I hope to post on Sunday as well. I just wanted to write down some thoughts about how I am feeling. Its really interesting - I have moments of feeling like I can see and feel results and then moments where it seems like nothing has changed at all. However, I know that the way I feel is changing. The interesting thing about fitness that I'm finding is that it really is about inertia - the whole lifestyle starts to catch up and all of the sudden I'm a healthier and more vital person. However, it is not easy - especially when the inertia is sedentary. Getting things moving again is the toughest part. Also, I've been used to seeing immediate results. I think now that I have a little more body mass the results aren't as evident. I have no idea what I weigh - the scale at the gym is broken (yeah I know).
The other thing I've noticed is that the feedback that I see in the mirror is motivating. Before I was working out it really didn't phase me that I was out of shape - it just became habituated. Now I'm looking for feedback and that is a new motivating factor.
One other thought is that its not about the equipment, its about the will to work out. The cosmic joke about the whole thing is that it takes the most will to start - once you're going it just becomes a part of life. That's what's great about the Body Bar - you can buy a Body Bar for under $50 and just move with it - get a DVD or two and learn some things you can do with it and your golden. Just have to keep on moving. . .

No comments: